How do you know when “it’s time”? What if we’re too soon . . . or too late?
According to Dr. Alice Villalobos, there is no perfect time, you just have to do your best. Dr. Villalobos is the world’s leading expert on end-of-life care for animals. She is a well known pioneer in the field of cancer care for companion animals and creator of the HHHHHMM Quality of Life Scale for Pets.
In this Pet Life Radio broadcast, she discusses the best ways we can learn to compassionately manage the end stages of our animals’ lives, such as:
- Rating quality of life for pets
- Understanding pain signals in pets
- Appetite management
- Hygiene care
- Assessing your pet’s happiness level
- How to work with your vet for appropriate pain management
- The basics of a compassionate, end-of-life program
Coping with end-of-life care is one of the hardest times and biggest responsibilities that we have as pet parents. By following Dr. Villalobos’ suggestions, you can have more quality time with your pets and a little less stress.