Do vet visits make your head spin? Are you overwhelmed with the medical terms your vet uses when talking about your pet? If so, then this edition of Tripawd Talk Radio is for you!
Be Your Pet’s #1 Advocate
Your pet counts on you to communicate effectively with the vet. Whether you’re visiting for an annual health exam, or an accident has you in the vet ER, your voice is a powerful tool to help your pet. Sometimes, however, it’s hard to find the right words to talk to the vet. Stressful times can make us feel insecure when trying to communicate things like:
- Asking the vet to repeat the diagnosis and recommended treatments.
- The costs of care and whether or not we can afford it.
- And most importantly, expressing what we believe our pet wants.
In this important edition of Tripawd Talk Radio we learn how to speak calmly about these common vet-client scenarios and more. Dr. Cyndie Courtney, DVM and blogger for “Vet Changes World” is our teacher and in this episode she discusses:
- What a vet’s typical day is like, and why you might sometimes feel that you didn’t get the information and advice you’d hoped for.
- Why and how to ask questions about a suggested treatment — instead of stating what you might have heard before as fact.
- How to know when the time is right for a second opinion — and how to ask for one without feeling like you’re insulting your vet.
Dr. Cyndie Courtney is a practicing veterinarian in Kansas City and founder of the veterinary blog Vet Changes World. She works every day to make a difference in the lives of pets and the people who love them. She is especially interested in how veterinarians and pet owners can work together to make pet healthcare decisions. Follow Dr. Courtney on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to learn even more about being the best pet parent ever!
Download “How to Talk to the Vet” Here:
Catch This Related Tripawd Talk Radio Episode: