In the U.S., less than five percent of pawrents have pet insurance.
We all know how devastating unexpected veterinary bills can be on our budgets, and it’s even worse when we don’t have the insurance or funds to cover even the most basic care.
Sadly, many dogs end up euthanized because of this.
If you are caught in the heartbreaking situation of not being able to pay for your Tripawd’s care, please don’t give up. There are organizations who might be able to help.
The following PDF is a list that was complied by a Tripawds friend, Nicole, Mom to Daggit and Vegas, with the hopes that others may be helped as she was last summer, when she needed it.
Three paws up to Nicole!
If you know of any that aren’t mentioned here, please let us know and we’ll make sure the list gets updated.
Additional Veterinary Services Financial Aid
UPDATE: In addition to the financial assistance resources listed in the document above, members have shared the links below in the Tripawds Discussion Forums.
Veterinary Bill Assistance Programs:
- Tripawds ASAP (Amputation Surgery Assistance Program)
- Tripawds Downloads: Veterinary Financial Assistance Programs
- Tips and Resources: Resources to Help Pay for Canine Cancer Care
- RedRover Relief Veterinary Financial Assistance and Urgent Care Grants
- Banfield Foundation: National Vet Care Funding Resources List
- Additional Veterinary Care Assistance Resources
- The Big Hearts Fund: http://bigheartsfund.org/
- Cats in Crisis: http://www.cats…..risis.org/
- Diabetic Cats In Need: http://fdmb-cin…..gspot.com/
- The Dog And Cat Cancer Fund: http://www.dccfund.org/
- Frankie’s Friends: http://www.fran…..iends.com/
- Handicapped Pets Foundation: http://hpets.org/
- Labrador Life Line: http://labrador…..eline.org/
- The Mosby Foundation: http://themosby…..ation.org/
- The Onyx and Breezy Foundation: http://www.onyx…..reezy.org/
- Paws 4 A Cure: http://www.paws…..acure.org/
- The Pet Fund: http://thepetfund.com/
- Pets-DC: http://www.petsdc.org/
- Shakespeare Animal Fund: http://www.shak…..lfund.org/
- The Brodie Fund: http://www.thebrodiefund.org/getting-assistance