Do you have questions about chemotherapy treatments for dogs and cats, or want to know more about metronomic therapy, or nutrition for pets during chemo?
Board Certified Vet Oncologist Interview
Listen to the Tripawd Talk Radio podcast below for answers to common questions about veterinary oncology!
Our guest for this episode is Dr Steve Shaw, a Board Certified Veterinary Oncologist practicing at the SAGE Centers for Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Care in California.
Veterinary Oncology 101 for New Tripawd Pawrents
Original Air Date: Sunday, June 14, 2015
Subscribe to Tripawd Talk Radio wherever you enjoy podcasts.
In this interview, Dr. Shaw discusses the basics of veterinary oncology for pets with cancer. Listen now to learn about important issues like:
- How do vet oncologists decide on chemotherapy treatments for their patients?
- What if I have different chemotherapy treatments to choose from? How do I decide which one to use?
- Does chemo hurt? Will my pet get sick? What happens if she/he does? Is there anything I can do to avoid that?
- Is there any way to cut the costs of chemo?
- Are there any foods or supplements to avoid during chemo? If so, why?
- What’s your take on holistic alternatives to chemotherapy?
- What is the one thing that you wish pet parents would understand about chemo?”
Tripawd Talk Radio
Listen to all past podcasts and see upcoming episodes by Tripawds on Buzzsprout.